Our Adult Chicken Formula is a biologically appropriate life-stage formula for dogs aged 12 months and older. Offering 81% Meat, Bone & Organ plus 18% Vegetables & approx. 1% added Salmon Oil, vitamins & minerals, this formula is considered a BARF Diet.
We completely balance your dogs meals to more than meet AAFCO Guidelines for nutritional adequacy. All our formulas are made in California with only human grade ingredients. We source all our food suppliers locally in the Western United States & processed in a USDA Inspected Facility. If it's not good enough for us, it's not good enough for your dogs!
Part of our mission at Cali Raw includes deliver to you the healthiest & safest possible raw food for your dog. Your order is shipped direct to your doorstep, from our doorstep in Newport Beach, California. We go the extra mile for your dogs health & your confidence.
At Cali Raw Nutrition we believe in feeding raw meals formulated & optimized to meet your dogs specific nutritional needs at their current life-stage. We bring you the best possible raw dog food nutrition, conveniently delivered to your door in easy to thaw & feed forms monthly.
BENEFITS OF CALI RAW NUTRITION
- Easy to Thaw & Serve
- Complete & Balanced Formulas
- Human Grade USDA Meats & Vegetables
- Locally Sourced & Made in California
- Naturally Derived Vitamins & Minerals
- Formulated for Maximum Nutrient Absorption
- 100% Grain, Gluten, Corn, Wheat & Soy Free
- Small Batch Production in a USDA Inspected Facility
- We practice HPP for your added safety & confidence.
For a smooth & comfortable transition, introduce raw food as 20% of your dogs daily intake to start. Gradually & slowly increase raw food serving portion for 1-2 weeks, while decreasing the serving portion of the old food.
BASIC FEEDING GUIDELINES
- Small Dogs Feed 3%-3.5% body weight daily
- Medium Dogs Feed 2.5%-3% body weight daily
- Large Dogs Feed 2%-2.5% body weight daily
- Monitor your dogs weight & adjust as needed
- Split into 1 to 2 meals daily
Note: These are general guidelines. We encourage you to follow the Caloric Feeding Guidelines below for a more precise calculation.
ADVANCED CALORIC FEEDING GUIDELINES
Our Adult Chicken Formula Contains 39kcal/oz
The standard formula used for calculating the energy requirements of the average adult dog that lives in the house, receives light daily exercise, and is spayed or neutered is:
30 X Weight in Kg (or pounds divided by 2.2) + 70 = Daily Caloric Needs
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS
- Store Frozen!
- Thaw in the refrigerator 24-48 hours prior to feeding
- If needed, thaw in room temp water for 1 hour max
- Wash hands, utensils & surfaces with soap & hot water
- Immediately refrigerate unused portions & serve within 1 day
- Pet Food- Not Intended For Human Consumption
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces and objects that come in contact with raw pet food.
- The FDA defines the difference between Cleaning & Disinfecting: Cleaning means simply removing germs from surfaces and objects; disinfecting is defines by killing germs.
- The FDA recommends washing all contact surfaces with hot, soapy water, then following with a powerful disinfectant.
- Running dishes, utensils and cutting boards through a dishwasher cycle after use will also disinfect them.
- Keep raw meat frozen until you are ready to use it, and thaw it in the refrigerator, not on the countertop or sink.
- Carefully handle and separate any raw food to prevent splashing.
- Immediately cover and refrigerate leftover food.
Chicken Neck, Chicken, Chicken Gizzards, Chicken Heart, Chicken Liver, Carrots, Broccoli, Kale, Apple, Salmon Oil (source of DHA), Magnesium Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Inulin (extract of Chicory Root), Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Iodine Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement