At Cali Raw Nutrition we believe in feeding raw meat & vegetable formulas optimized to meet your dogs specific nutritional needs suited to their current life-stage. We aim to bring you the best possible raw dog food nutrition, conveniently delivered to your door in easy to thaw & feed forms.
Our Adult Beef Formula is life stage formulated for dogs aged 12 months and older. Offering 80% Protein,19% Vegetables & aprox 1% added Salmon Oil, vitamins & minerals, this formula is considered a B.A.R.F. Diet.
We completely balance your dogs meals to meet AAFCO Guidelines for nutritional adequacy. This means you do not need to add anything to our food in order to give your dog everything they need, we do that for you!
All our food is made in California with only human grade ingredients. We source all our food suppliers locally in the Western United States & process in a USDA Inspected Facility. If it's not good enough for us, it is not good enough for your dogs!
Part of our mission at Cali Raw includes bringing you the safest possible raw dog food. Your order is shipped direct to your doorstep nationwide, from our doorstep in Newport Beach California. We go the extra mile for your dogs health & your trusted confidence.
BENEFITS OF CALI RAW
- Easy to Thaw & Serve
- Salmon Oil in All Formulas
- Balanced & Complete Formulas
- Human Grade Meats & Vegetables
- Locally Sourced & Made in California
- Naturally Derived Vitamins & Minerals
- Formulated for Maximum Nutrient Absorption
- 100% Grain, Gluten, Corn, Wheat & Soy Free
- Small Batch Production in a USDA Inspected Facility
For a smooth & comfortable transition, introduce raw food as 20% of your dogs daily intake to start. Gradually & slowly increase raw food serving portion for 1-2 weeks, while decreasing the serving portion of the old food. Read more about transitioning here.
BASIC FEEDING GUIDELINES
- Small Dogs Feed 3.5% body weight daily
- Medium Dogs Feed 3% body weight per daily
- Large Dogs Feed 2.5% body weight per daily
- Monitor your dogs weight & adjust as needed
- Split into 1 to 2 meals per day
Note: These are general guidelines. It is recommended to follow the caloric Guidelines below for a more precise calculation.
ADVANCED CALORIC FEEDING GUIDELINES
Our Adult Beef Formula Contains 40kcal/oz
The standard formula used for calculating the energy requirements of the average adult dog that lives in the house, receives light daily exercise, and is spayed or neutered is:
30 X Weight in Kg (or pounds divided by 2.2) + 70 = Daily Caloric Needs
Click here for our feeding calculator!
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS
- Store Frozen!
- Thaw in the refrigerator 24-48 hours prior to feeding
- If needed, thaw in room temp water for 1 hour max
- Wash hands, utensils & surfaces with soap & hot water
- Immediately refrigerate unused portions & serve within 1 day
- Pet Food- Not For Human Consumption
BEST SANITARY PRACTICES
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces and objects that come in contact with raw pet food.
- The FDA defines the difference between Cleaning & Disinfecting: Cleaning means simply removing germs from surfaces and objects; disinfecting is defines by killing germs.
- The FDA recommends washing all contact surfaces with hot, soapy water, then following with a powerful disinfectant.
- Running dishes, utensils and cutting boards through a dishwasher cycle after use will also disinfect them.
- Keep raw meat frozen until you are ready to use it, and thaw it in the refrigerator, not on the countertop or sink.
- Carefully handle and separate any raw food to prevent splashing.
- Immediately cover and refrigerate leftover food.
Beef Heart, Beef, Ground Beef Bones, Carrots, Beef Kidney, Broccoli, Kale, Apple, Beef Spleen, Salmon Oil (source of DHA), Magnesium Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Inulin (extract of Chicory Root), Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Iodine Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement