Ingredients List & Nutritional Value
At Cali Raw Nutrition we believe in feeding meal formulas optimized to meet your dogs specific nutritional needs, for their current life-stage. We aim to bring you the best possible raw nutrition, conveniently delivered to your doorstep in easy to thaw & feed forms.
Our Puppy Formula with Salmon Oilis a powerhouse of optimal raw nutrition specifically formulated for the needs of your developing young puppy under 12 months of age. A delicious blend of Chicken & Beef is designed to provide an ideal amount of fat & protein for your pups growing needs, while enticing even the pickiest of eaters. Offering 81% Protein, 17% Fruit & Vegetables & aprox 2% added Salmon Oil, vitamins & minerals, this formula is considered a B.A.R.F Diet.
Did you know that a balanced species appropriate diet is the best gift you can give your new puppy love as you begin your journey together? Besides having everything your puppy needs nutritionally, the Cali Raw Puppy Formula will more than satisfy your puppies desires, earning you all the puppy breath kisses.
We completely balance your raw dogs meals to more than meet AAFCO Guidelines for nutritional adequacy. All our formulas are made in California with only human grade ingredients. We source all our food suppliers locally in the Western United States & processed in a USDA Inspected Facility. If it's not good enough for us, it's not good enough for your dogs!
Part of our mission at Cali Raw includes bringing you the safest possible raw food for your dog. Your order is shipped direct to your doorstep, from our doorstep in Newport Beach, California. We go the extra mile for your dogs health & your confidence.
- Easy to Thaw & Serve
- Complete & Balanced Formulas
- Human Grade Meats & Vegetables
- Locally Source & Made in California
- Naturally Derived Vitamins & Minerals
- Formulated for Maximum Nutrient Absorption
- 100% Grain, Gluten, Corn, Wheat & Soy Free
- Small Batch Production in a USDA Inspected Facility
- We practice HPP for your added safety & confidence
For a smooth & comfortable transition, introduce raw food as 20% of your dogs daily intake to start. Gradually & slowly increase raw food serving portion for 7-10 days, while decreasing the serving portion of the old food.
Read More About Transitioning To Raw Dog Food
BASIC FEEDING GUIDELINES
Feed 3% of EXPECTED ADULT WEIGHT, split into 3-4 meals per day. Monitor your puppies weight & adjust as needed.
Formulated for puppies aged 8 week to 12 months of age.
Optional: Cook lightly for puppies under 16 weeks.
ADVANCED CALORIC FEEDING GUIDELINES
Our Puppy Formula contains 39kcal/oz.
For Puppies, calculate based on predicted adult weight.
The standard formula used for calculating the energy requirements of the average adult dog that lives in the house, receives light daily exercise, and is spayed or neutered is:
30 X Weight in Kg (or pounds divided by 2.2) + 70 = Daily Caloric Needs
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS
- Store Frozen!
- Thaw in the refrigerator 24-48 hours prior to feeding
- If needed, thaw in room temp water for 1 hour max
- Wash hands, utensils & surfaces with soap & hot water
- Immediately refrigerate unused portions & serve within 1 day
- Pet Food- Not For Human Consumption
BEST SANITATION PRACTICES
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces and objects that come in contact with raw dog food.
- The FDA stressed the important difference between Cleaning & Disinfecting: Cleaning means simply removing germs from surfaces and objects; disinfecting is defines by killing germs.
- The FDA recommends washing all contact surfaces with hot, soapy water, then following with a powerful disinfectant.
- Running dishes, utensils and cutting boards through a dishwasher cycle after use will also disinfect them.
- Keep raw meat frozen until you are ready to use it, and thaw it in the refrigerator, not on the countertop or sink.
- Carefully handle and separate any raw food to prevent splashing.
- Immediately cover and refrigerate leftover food
For more information on the benefits of feeding a raw diet to your puppy, visit our blog.