Bone broth has shown to have many health benefits and healing properties for humans, and the same is true for your dog! With our recipe, you can make this superfood easily with just a couple ingredients, a slow-cooker, and your Cali Raw Beef Marrow Bones! Follow these simple directions for an easy nutrient-rich treat your dog (and their health) will thank you for!
Using our known information on various vitamins, minerals and compounds that have already been proven to be found in superfoods and beneficial in testing, we can deduce just how beneficial these properties are for your pup. Making bone broth with Cali Raw Beef Marrow Bones will have amazing effects on your dog! When our recipe is followed, this type of bone broth has the following benefits:
Supports connective tissue health:Want your dog to be able to run as fast and far for as long as possible? The natural compounds glucosamine and chondroitin support joint health are found in connective tissue.
Loads of collagen: Collagen is very important for building protein. It becomes gelatin once processed, which provides several important amino acids that are essential for building proteins.
Maintains gut health: Amazingly easy to digest, it helps to digest other foods. Gelatin binds to water in the intestine, helping food move through the digestive tract easier. It is also believed to help with inflammatory bowel diseases.
Garlic fights off sickness: When your dog’s body is not busy fighting sickness, more energy is available for growth, cell replacement and of course, playing fetch! It may also reduce bad cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
All those much-needed vitamins: We all know vitamins and minerals are good for your pup. Why not provide this super rich dose of: phosphorus, Vitamin A, calcium, potassium, magnesium and Vitamin K2 for the very best health? Also contains minerals like zinc and iron as a bonus!
Marrow (for the amino acids) turmeric and apple cider vinegar fight inflammation:Inflammation controls major disease processes. When your much-loved canine companion experiences inflammation on a chronic basis, it may lead to a number of serious diseases such as cancer, kidney disease, heart disease, obesity and arthritis.
Ingredients for Cali Raw Bone Broth with Beef Marrow Bones
- 1 Package of Cali Raw Beef Marrow Bones
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 6-8 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Teaspoons Ground Turmeric
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Parsley
What Equipment Do I Need?
- Jar, Ice Cube Trays or other Food Storage Container
How to Start Making Your Doggo-Feel-Good Broth!
- Place a layer of beef marrow bones on the bottom of your crock pot. Fill the pot with water so the bones are completely covered, with about 2-3 inches of water above as well.
- Next, add 3-4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the pot.
- Cook the mixture over medium-high heat for an hour, then simmer on low for 24-36 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes, add turmeric, garlic, and fresh parsley.
- Next, remove from heat and skim foam off the top. Use a strainer to collect any bones that didn’t break down. Discard these.
- Place the bone broth in the refrigerator to chill. A hard crust of fat will develop on the top layer. Remove the hard layer of fat and discard.
- To store bone broth, we recommend using a mason jars or ice cube trays if you are going to freeze it. Bone broth will stay good in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for several months. Ice cube trays make for an easy ready-to-go serving!
Deliver the Goods!
You’re all set! You may serve this to your dog after warming to room temperature in your dog’s regular bowl instead of water (your pup will still get the hydration benefits) or you may choose to place a portion over Cali Raw Adult or Puppy Raw Dog Food formula for even more flavor and benefits. Either way you choose, you will be your dog’s hero by providing a tasty treat at the same time as providing super-nourishment!